Context A key to self-directed learning is reflection. Reflection enables the ability to examine situations in order to better understand the surrounding context and identify potential improvements for the future. This assessment aims to develop your awareness and reflective learning ability while also assessing your understanding of the topics covered in modules 1 and
2. Reflective writing ordinarily occurs in the first person (and you can do so here) and works best when you think deeply about a topic and look at both the positives as well as opportunities to improve in a situation. Examples within the context of this assessment might be:
• I found taking the Emotional Intelligence self-assessment challenging/interesting/useful/ a new experience because…
• Mayer and Salovey (1997) emphasise the importance of perceiving, accessing and generating emotions to develop emotional intelligence, which is not something I have thought about much previously… BIZ102 Assessment 1 Brief Page 2 of 6
• I agreed/disagreed with the first result because… Please also visit the Academic Skills blackboard page for an overview of reflective writing in higher education: https://laureateau.blackboard.com/webapps/blackboard/content/listContent.jsp?course_id=_20163_1&co ntent_id=_2498857_1&mode=reset Instructions Complete the Emotional Intelligence self-assessment prescribed in module 2 of the subject. Compose your reflective journal entry addressing the three questions below. Include a screenshot of your emotional intelligence test results from the test website in your paper. Identify theoretical concepts reviewed in modules 1 and 2 that support your reflection. Include at least two academic references to sources in the module 1 and 2 learning resources for this subject that present the theoretical concepts identified, to support your ideas.
Follow the APA 6th edition style of referencing to cite your academic resources and provide your reference list. Guiding questions:
1. To what extent do you agree with the results of the self-assessment?
2. What have you learned about yourself from the results of this self-assessment?
3. How might you use the insight from this self-assessment to improve your professional practice?
Submission Instructions Submit your Reflective Journal 1: Emotional intelligence via the Assessment link in the main navigation menu in BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations. The learning facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the LMS portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.