Identify an early childhood teacher you can interview and ask them the questions listed below. This can be done by phone or video chat. As you are interviewing, take detailed notes.
1) What is the purpose of assessment?
2) What is your program’s philosophy with respect to assessment?
3) What types of formal assessments do you use, and what do they assess?
4) What types of informal assessments do you use, and what do they assess?
5) How often do you assess students?
6) How do you use assessment data?
7) How important is assessment to your program?
8) What is your overall opinion of assessment as it relates to your students?
After the interview is completed, type a summary of the answers provided to you by the educator you interviewed. Then write an additional reflection of your interview. Please be sure to address these two questions:
1) What did you learn about the teacher’s use of assessment from this interview?
2) What did you learn about assessment in general from this interview?
You may present your reflection as a written or multimedia report (worth 30 points), but in either case you will also need to submit a summary of the answers to questions asked during the interview (worth 20 points). The reflection portion of the paper should not be less than 1 and 1/2 to 2 pages long.
APA requirements for this assignment are as follows: Title page (no headings need to be included); pages numbered; overall APA formatting with one inch margins, double spacing, and recommended font; reference page with correct information if you use something other than the Bible or your textbook for this course.