Individual Case Analysis Paper Guidelines
For this assignment, you are asked to read the accompanying Wall Street Journal articles, do your own analysis of the situation described and then write a short, i.e. two (2) page, analysis and recommendation. Given the page restriction, you will need to be very concise but provide sufficient explanations of your analysis, recommendations and plan for implementation.
Case Analysis Paper #2:
Read the provided WSJ articles:
1. “Online Grocers Are Getting a Preview of Their Future”
2. “A Coronavirus Bull Market for Groceries”
3. “Coronavirus Pushes Restaurants Into the Grocery Business”
4. “America’s Biggest Supermarket Company Struggles With Online Grocery Upheaval”
5. “Kroger Seeks Patience As It Works to Reshape Business”
NOTE: For this assignment, you may focus on Kroger’s situation or a different grocer’s situation that you are familiar with. In either case, you are to address what they should do going forward to be successful.
The question you must address is: Based on recent changes in the macro environment, current industry changes and Kroger’s internal environment (or other grocer’s internal situation), what do you recommend Kroger (or other grocer) to do successfully move forward given its current situation?
Case Analysis Outline (abbreviated)
(Derived from: Analyzing a case study and writing a case study analysis, Hill 12e, pp C4-C11)
1. Introduction to the issue or problem (two to three sentences only).
2. Identify the company’s internal strengths and weaknesses (Think in terms of resources, capabilities and distinctive competence).
3. Analyze the external environment (Consider the macro environment and the industry).
4. Summarize the SWOT analysis
5. Describe the corporate level or business level strategy
6. Make recommendations regarding WHAT the company should do and HOW it should do it. This is your recommendation about what to do and your plan for implementing the recommendation.
Two pages only. No title page required. Standard single spacing (default setting on most docs), 1 inch margins for top, bottom and sides.
At the top of page, list your name and the assignment title, for example: “Don Rumsfeld, Case Analysis #2”.
Submit the finished paper through the assignment submission link provided in the assignment folder.