Persuasive Speech Outline
Due Week 6: 80 points
1) Select either Topic A or Topic B for your persuasive speech.
o Topic A: Should Children Under the Age of 10 Own Cell Phones?
Deliver a speech on question of value.
o Topic B: Should Self-Driving Cars Be Legal?
Deliver a speech on question of policy.
2) Create an outline or speaking notes in Microsoft Word.
o Download the Microsoft Word template in the “Assignment 3.1” section
located in Week 6 of your course.
o Develop a specific purpose, central idea, and several main points so you’ll
stay within the 4-minute time limit.
o You must use at least two quality resources.
3) Submit the completed Microsoft Word template in Blackboard (this is separate from
4) For this assignment, you will not compose an essay or speech. You are only
required to submit an outline.
Persuasive Speech and Self-Review
Due Week 7: 200 points
1) Part 1: Record or upload your speech.
o Refer to your outline or speaking notes to deliver your speech. Do not read
your notes word for word.
o Follow the technical instructions for recording your video in the “Assignment
3.2” section located in Week 7 of your course.
o Remember to watch your recording. Do you want to submit it, or do you want
to record another version?
2) Part 2: Complete the self-review questions.
o After you have recorded your speech, address the self-review questions in the
“Assignment 3.2” section located in Week 7 of your course. This reflection
helps you step back and take a second look at your work, with an eye on
improvement and highlighting your achievements!
3) Submit your speech and self-review in Blackboard.