Resistance to change is a normal everyday aspect in the workplace. Note what happens to the organizational climate when this resistance occurs and any tactics to reduce negative connotations when dealing with change.
Need 250+ words and no APA format required.
Chapter 1 – study questions 1-5, Exercise 3 (Information Systems for Business and Beyond)
1. What are the five components that make up an information system?
2. What are three examples of information system hardware?
3. Microsoft Windows is an example of which component of information systems?
4. What is application software?
5. What roles do people play in information systems?
6. What is the definition of a process?
7. What was invented first, the personal computer or the Internet (ARPANET)?
8. In what year were restrictions on commercial use of the Internet first lifted? When were eBay and Amazon founded?
9. What does it mean to say we are in a “post-PC world”?
10. What is Carr’s main argument about information technology?
We all interact with various information systems every day: at the grocery store, at work, at school, even in our cars (at least some of us). Make a list of the different information systems you interact with every day. See if you can identify the technologies, people, and processes involved in making these systems work.
Chapter 2 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 2 (Information Systems for Business and Beyond)
1. Write your own description of what the term information systems hardware means.
2. What is the impact of Moore’s Law on the various hardware components described in this chapter?
3. Write a summary of one of the items linked to in the “Integrated Computing” section.
4. Explain why the personal computer is now considered a commodity.
5. The CPU can also be thought of as the _____________ of the computer.
6. List the following in increasing order (slowest to fastest): megahertz, kilohertz, gigahertz.
7. What is the bus of a computer?
8. Name two differences between RAM and a hard disk.
9. What are the advantages of solid-state drives over hard disks?
10. How heavy was the first commercially successful portable computer?
Review the timeline of computers at the Old Computers website. Pick one computer from the listing and write a brief summary. Include the specifications for CPU, memory, and screen size. Now find the specifications of a computer being offered for sale today and compare. Did Moore’s Law hold true?
The above assignments should be submitted in a single Word document. Quotes are not allowed, paraphrase your source. A title page and references are required. APA formatting is required.
Chapter 1 – Review the Key Lessons from Chapter 1 – Explain the five key lessons and note the importance of each key lesson from chapter 1. Also, note why is it important to understand these basic concepts. (Information Technology and Organizational Learning Textbook)
Chapter 2 – Note why the IT organizational structure is an important concept to understand. Also, note the role of IT in the overall business strategy. (Information Technology and Organizational Learning Textbook).
The above submission should be two pages in length and adhere to APA formatting standards. Quotes are not allowed, paraphrase your source. A title page and references are required. APA formatting is required.
**Remember the APA cover page and the references are required but do not count towards the page length**
Information Technology and Organizational Learning by Arthur M. Langer, 3rd Edition, 2017.