Pick a scene from a film that is among your favorites. Remember, a scene is a single narrative moment that takes place in a singular place. What you watched during week one was different scenes. Post a link to your scene and then answer the questions below using the vocabulary we have learned from the first couple of chapters HERE
• What is your initial, subjective reaction to this scene and why?
• Do the processes of identification and idealization apply to your reading of this scene?
• Is the film in which you find this scene by design a work of entertainment or art? If it
is a work of entertainment, what aspects of film art can you find? If it is more an art
film, what makes it entertaining?
• See if you can isolate the various aspects of form in the scene. What can you identify
in the narrative, mise-en-scène, camerawork, sound, and editing?
• Do some research into the biography and filmography of the film’s director. How
might his or her biography and filmography inform your reading of the film?