THE COMPANY IS VERIZON
Option #1: Strategy Formulation: The Matching and Decision Stages
The Module 5 Critical Thinking Assignment is a continuation of assessment of your target organization and a building block to the Portfolio Project.
Before beginning this exercise, review the Strategy-Formulation Analytical Framework below. This Critical Thinking Assignment focuses on Stage 2: The Matching Stage.
STAGE 1: THE INPUT STAGE
STAGE 2: THE MATCHING STAGE
Strategic Position and Action Evaluation (SPACE) Matrix
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Matrix
Internal-External (IE) Matrix
Grand Strategy Matrix
STAGE 3: THE DECISION STAGE
Quantitative Strategy Planning Matrix
(Adapted from Figure 6-2: The Strategy-Formulation Analytical Framework, David David, 2017)
Then, choose two tools that are used in the matching stage that are appropriate for your target organization; there are several tools/matrices displayed and explained in the textbook. Please select two tools for this assignment from your textbook (SWOT Matrix, SPACE Matrix, BCG Matrix, IE Matrix, Grand Strategy Matrix).
When you have completed the matrices, write an executive summary to include the following:
· An overview of your target organization
· An explanation of the Strategy-Formulation Analytical Framework (Figure 6-2)
· The synthesized findings from Stage 1: The Input Stage
· The rationale for the Stage 2 tools that you chose for this assignment
· In your explanation, include examples of how this organization communicates with stakeholders and evidence of innovation supporting actions.
You may use figures and tables within the executive summary to condense information if you wish.
Include both Stage 1 and Stage 2 exhibits that you have developed as Appendixes. Adhere to APA standards for tables, figures, and appendices.
When writing your paper, be sure to follow these guidelines:
· Create 5 pages in length, organized, and well-written in conformity with APA
· Support your answers using six peer-reviewed articles/professional sources in addition to the textbook.
· Include a title page, section headers, introduction, conclusion, and reference page.