Question 1: Go online and examine the most recent issues of the following journals: Communications of ACM, Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, ACM transactions on software engineering, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications, ACM Transactions on Graphics, ACM Transactions on Computational Logic.
Find an article (There should not be any repetitions even across section) that interests you among the articles and that employs one of the research techniques we will discuss in class: surveys, experiments, content analysis, in-depth interviews, focus groups, case studies or participant observation. It makes sense to choose an article employing the methodology you will use for your study. Copy the article so that you can turn it in with your critique.
Your critique should contain the following elements:
1. Provide a complete citation of the article (Title, authors, journal, volume, year and pages).
2. What are the research questions/hypotheses?
3. What are the major theories that it examines (be sure to briefly explain the theory)?
4. What is the research methodology (sample size, independent variables, dependent variables and how were they measured)?
5. Summarize the major results
6. What does the author say is the major contribution of the study?
7. What would you say are the strengths and weaknesses of the study with a focus on its methodology?