Facility design changes as rapidly as the health care industry. Facility design is heavily affected by current and future health care trends. Two additional drivers in facility design have been the evolution of medicine and the technology within the medical environment. This assignment is designed to provide you with an opportunity to see the impact of historical and current trends within facility design.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper regarding two historical trends that have had an impact on facility design. Your paper should:
· Identify two trends that have affected facility design.
· Describe how each of the two trends looked 50 years ago.
· Describe how each of the two trends have evolved into their current state.
· Explain the reasons each of the two trends have changed.
· Describe any future trends we might expect to see in facility design.
Also include Ambulatory Surgical Centers:
The course will focus on ambulatory surgical centers.
· Describe the current trend of ambulatory surgical centers.
Cite at least 5 reputable references used to complete your assignment. One reference must be from the journal/magazine listed in the weekly resources (i.e., Modern Healthcare, Healthcare Design). Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality.
The paper has at least 3 in-text cited peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources. (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines for Master’s Degree Writing.
The introduction and narrative effectively use headings of the Masters’ degree level to include headings of levels 1 and 2