Looking for some assistance with this week’s discussion. Below are all the details please be sure to answer both the science and application portion of the discussion. The total discussion must be 250 words or more with in-text citations.
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN ONE THREAD
Describe a public healthcare program at the state or federal level, its intended population and how that program is funded.
Consider your readings on the challenges, debates and successes of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010. Using Figure 3, “How a bill becomes a law,” located in the Week 1 resources, and this weeks’ scholarly readings, select any area within the diagram to describe any issue(s) that may have occurred during or after the process of the ACA transforming from a bill to an actual law. For example, you can describe:
● How did “the people” influence the passage of this healthcare bill? (What evidence supports this?)
● Describe a specific state legislature that supported or opposed the bill?
● Describe the “Committee” in the legislative body who was responsible for reviewing the health care bills.
● Describe one debate or amendment to the ACA bill prior to its adoption into law.
● Were there any issues with the budgets associated with the ACA bill.
● Were there any public hearings during the Committee sessions? If so, provide a description.
● Describe any debates to overturn the ACA.
Be sure to cite all sources in APA format. UMGC journal articles can also be used to support your discussion response this week.
Here is the link for Figure 3 How a bill became a bill: