1. As a security manager you are asked to speak to a local college class on the history and development of the security and loss prevention profession. What five significant points in the history of this profession do you emphasize?
As a corporate security manager, how would you handle the following situations?
2. Two contract security officers fail to show up for first shift. The contract manager says that screened and trained replacements are unavailable, but two new applicants are available. You are required to make an immediate decision. Do you accept the two applicants, who lack background investigations and state- mandated training?
3. A vendor offers you a condominium at the beach for a week if you support his firm’s bid for an access control system. You know that the system is not the best and that it will cost your company slightly more than the best system. The condominium will save you about $1500 on your summer vacation. What is your decision?
4. Your employer is violating environmental laws. You know that if the government learns of the violations, your company will be unable to survive financially and criminal and civil action may result. You will certainly lose your job. What do you do?
5. You placed a pinhole lens camera in an office supply closet to catch a thief. While reviewing the video recording, you see your boss inappropriately touching a coworker who recently filed a sexual harassment suit against the boss, who vehemently denied the allegations. No one knows of the placement of the camera and the video recording except you. Your boss, who is the vice president of finance, has been especially helpful to your career, your excellent raises and bonuses, and the corporate security budget. What do you do?
6. You are testifying in a case of negligent security concerning a manufacturing plant in your region of responsibility. The plaintiff’s attorney asks you if any security surveys have ever been conducted at the manufacturing plant where the murder occurred. You know that a survey conducted before the murder showed the need for increased security. Such information would help the plaintiff. What is your response to the question?
total 4 pages