Here are some links to help with the paper:
Topic: Comparing Oran to Seattle. Who is as heroic as Dr. Rieux?
Pages: 6 pages. Double-spaced. Deadline:
[For those who took my UCOR2100, please do NOT work on this paper. Please contact me ASAP]
Part 1: pp.1-2 or pp.1-3.
1. Comparing Oran to Seattle population:
Oran (pop. 200,000) is like the size of Tacoma rather than Seattle (740,000). But we are more familiar with our city. Also you may have to speak generally of the Washington state if the Coronavirus data does not breakdown into cities and counties.
Pay attention to these 3 counties: King county (20% of WA), Snohomish county (Everett, 10% of WA), Pierce county (Tacoma, 10% of WA).
2. Comparing Coronavirus statistics:
Oran has about 300 death per week. Close to which city or state in terms of weekly or monthly death?
3. Comparing Epidemic policy:
How much lockdown? Schools? Restaurants? Café? Hospitals overloaded?
Also mass transportation. Train? Airport? Harbor?
Also reaction of general society. Please give at least 2 similarities and 2 differences in your comparison.
Part 2: 3-4 pages.
Who is as heroic as Dr. Rieux in The Plague?
1. Joseph Grand, the city clerk.
2. Raymond Rambert, the journalist who got stuck in Oran.
3. Father Paneloux, the priest.
4. Jean Tarrou, the businessman and organizer.
Please choose one character that you deem to be a positive model in the novel. Highlight two aspects of the character that you appreciate and commend. Highlight another two aspects that you think is shortcoming of the person.
Welcome to share a bit of what you learn in reading the novel. What you like or dislike of Albert Camus’s The Plague.
Style of Writing:
1. 6 pages. Can overflow to 7page but can’t be shorter than 6. [Not counting your last page of reference or Works Cited.]
3. No footnotes. Use APA system: e.g. [p.23]
4. No need for bibliography. I don’t expect to refer to other works. The page of references or Works Cited CANNOT be counted as a page.
5. No need for title page or front cover. You can’t make the title page to be page 1. Cannot count title page as a page.