1. Share how Covid-19 infects an individual and the manifestation and severity of the disease. What are the predisposing factors to the severity of the of disease, and how it spreads?
2. Three variants of the Covid-19 (United Kingdom, South Africa variant, and the regular Covid-19s) have been identified. Pick one of the variants and describe what is unique about its mechanism of infection. What makes the virus more or less virulent?
3. Our innate immunity is the first line of defense against microbes and infections. How do we ensure it is fit to deal with invading pathogens?
4. What is it about acquired immunity that makes it different from innate immunity? How is it able to deal with microorganisms initially and in the future?
5. Which type of vaccine to take as a precaution against the coronavirus pandemic is the luxurious opportunity, we have to deal with compared to the rest of the world. Pick one of the 3 available vaccines and describe the overall makeup of the vaccine and how it works. How effective is it compared to the other 2 vaccines?
6. Identify and describe a type of autoimmune disease. Describe the triggers, causes of the disease, and how it is treated.
7. Individual microbiome provides a competitive environment against pathogens. How do you ensure it is healthy and thriving? What are consumables or activities to avoid that are harmful to the microbiome?
8. The Covid-19 pandemic has contributed to a lot of people learning more about viruses. How would you describe how one of the 3 variants infect their host?
9. Describe the First line of defense and identify a medical condition that can compromise it.
10. Describe how antibodies are able to interact and eliminate differently types of pathogens. How are they able to achieve this?
11. Identify and describe a disease that has been eradicated in the USA as a result of vaccine. What do you think would be the impact of the disease if it had not been eradicated?
12. Define Dysbiosis. Why is it important to have a good understanding of it, and how we can use this knowledge to maintain or improve our health?