Answer the following 6 questions each in paragraph format. Each question should be one to two paragraphs. Must be in Times New Roman, font 12, and double spaced. NO PLAGARISM. Case study will be provided below in pdf.
1. Select one of the four theories being: Jean Piaget, Lev Vygotsky, George Herbert Mead, OR Erik H. Erikson. Apply it to the Polynesian culture and state why. Use specific examples from the case study.
2. Select one piece of information from the benefits of play being: building strengths & skills, physical control of the body, OR attainment. Apply it to how Polynesians play.
3. Older children within the community take on the role of teaching the younger children how to socialize. How does this apply to critical thinking on the development of problem-solving of children?
4. Select one of the types of play being: Solitary play, parallel play, OR group play. Apply it to what you read about on how Polynesians play in the case study and use examples.
5. In this case study, it is pointed out that “children have the freedom to roam in the company of their peers, in ways that would simply not be possible or desirable in a contemporary Western urban setting” (p. 200). How does this viewpoint about play vary to how Americans view play?
6. Quote one piece of information (include a page number) you found particularly striking or interesting. Explain why this quote was interesting to you. Make sure to use specific examples from the case study.