1. Summarize the work of Zerubbabel, Ezra and Nehemiah.
2. Explain the Diaspora.
3. What is a synagogue, and how did it come about?
4. What is a Zealot?
5. Who was the man called Antipas who plays a role in the Gospels?
6. What was the Sanhedrin?
7. Who was Pontius Pilate?
8. What is Hellenization?
9. Who was Judas Maccabeus? Include a time frame.
10. Who were the Samaritans?
11. Discuss the importance of the Qumran Community.
12. What is the Septuagint and how was it used by New Testament writers?
13. Explain why the Jewish temple of Jesus’ day had been rebuilt twice. What is the current state of Herod’s Temple?
14. What influence did the Romans have over Palestine in the time of Christ?
15. Explain why Greek was the language in which all the New Testament books were originally written.
16. Compare and contrast the Pharisees and Sadducees. Discuss their role in Jesus’ ministry.